This french onion soup takes the humble onion and kicks it up a notch and…
Happy National Pumpkin Cheesecake Day – No Bake Pumpkin ‘Cheesecake’Treats
Since today is National Pumpkin Cheesecake Day it only seems fitting to serve up an AIP treat that allows you to make your Pumpkin Cheesecake and eat it too!
No Bake Pumpkin “Cheesecake” Treats
(AIP, grain free, nut free, egg free, no added sugar)
Times: 15 minutes prep – at least 20 minutes to chill
– 6 softened dried dates
– 2 T coconut oil
– 6 T shredded coconut
– 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (canned works)
– 1 T arrowroot powder
– 2 T coconut oil
– 1 medium banana
– 1 T maple syrup
– 1/4 t cinnamon
– 1/4 t cloves
– 1/4 t ginger
– pulse crust ingredients in a food processor until well combined – should look like wet sand
– evenly divide into 6 paper muffin liners and press into the bottom of the liners to form a crust
– use food processor to combine all filling ingredients until well combined
– evenly divide the topping and spread it out on top of the crusts
– place in the freezer for at least 20 minutes. . . in 20 minutes the crust will be hard, and topping will still be pudding like. . . can freeze overnight and thaw for 30-45 minutes before serving.
– Also good to eat frozen as a handheld treat if you don’t want to wait 30 minutes.
– If desired, these treats can be topped with prepared and chilled “Maple Cranberry Glaze” (see below)
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Maple Cranberry Glaze
Time: 20 minutes to cook + time to cool before using – make the day before
– 1 cup fresh cranberries
– juice of one mandarine orange (or small naval orange)
– 1 1/2 T maple syrup
– bring cranberries, orange juice and about 1/4 cup water to a boil and simmer until berries burst and soften
– let cool
– add in maple syrup and blend the mixture (immersion blender works well)
– store in a jar in the fridge for a week
– makes a good salad dressing or sauce for various meats as well as sauce for dessert.
This recipe is shared on the AIP Recipe Roundtable over at Phoenix Helix. Check it out for more yummy AIP goodies.