I saw on facebook last night that today is National Blueberry Cheesecake Day. So, I thought a blueberry cheesecake-like treat was a must. These are quick to make, have a creamy consistency and are the perfect little sweet treat for the summer.
My dad who isn’t Paleo at all said they reminded him of something he had before and enjoyed them. As an added plus, these are 4 year old nephew approved. My nephew helped me make them, was begging for them after lunch and ate his before the rest of us could even sit down.
**A note about “AIP Treats”: While it is true that these and other treats on this blog are made with AIP friendly ingredients, it should be noted that the AIP diet is primarily about nutrient density and healing and with that in mind treats should be reserved for special occasions. This are occasional foods, not everyday food. Treat often are higher in sugar content (even fruit) and as sugar causes inflammation for many of us following AIP, we need to make treats an occasional part of our lives.
Blueberry Cheesecake Squares
Time: 5 minutes prep, 20 minutes chilling time
– 200 grams (about 2/3 cup) softened coconut butter
– 1 cup blueberries
– 2 T maple syrup
– 1 t vanilla
– place all ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth
– line a loaf pan with wax paper
– pour the mixture into the lined pan
– smooth with the back of a spoon
– chill in the freezer for 20 minutes
– cut into 10 squares and serve with some fresh blueberries