Sometimes all you need or want is a simple salad. This salad can be thrown together in a matter of minutes and is fully shareable with all your friends, even the non-paleo ones. For a complete meal you could easily serve a piece of baked salmon or leftover roasted chicken on top of the salad.
I’m visiting my parents for a couple of weeks and my mom needed something to take to a Bible study group dinner. We tossed together this salad thinking it would be a good addition to any meal. It got a 2 thumbs up from the group.
Simple Spinach Salad
with Warm Bacon Dressing
Time: 10 minutes
– 6-8 cups baby spinach
– 1/3 onion – finely diced
– 2 cups sliced strawberries
– 2 slices bacon
– Bacon fat – there was about 3/4 T in the pan after cooking
– 1 T Olive oil
– 1 T Lime juice
– 1/4 t Sea Salt
– cook bacon and reserve the cooking fat
– chop onion
– wash & slice strawberries
– place baby spinach in a large bowl
– make dressing – in the pan you cooked bacon in, mix bacon fat, olive oil, salt & lime juice while bacon fat is still warm
– pour warm dressing over spinach and toss well. Spinach should wilt down a bit.
– add onion & strawberries and toss lightly
– crumble bacon on the top
– serve and enjoy