Why is it that if you eat a patty of ground meat in the morning…
Cherry Spice Sausage Patties
Typically when you think of sausages you think seed based spices and nightshades, so getting a blend that’s flavorful with a little kick while following AIP is always a challenge. These are juicy and tender and full of sausage goodness. Perfect alongside a salad and 1/2 a sweet potato for breakfast.
Serves: 5-6 (12 patties)
Time: 25 minutes
– 1/2 kg/ 1 pound ground beef – could use pork or lamb – or a mix of meats
– place meat of choice in a large mixing bowl
– rough chop carrot, onion & ginger
– pit the cherries
– add onion, garlic, cilantro/ coriander, carrot, cherries, spices, herbs and salt into the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth.
– preheat oven (350F/180C) or grill pan (medium heat). If using a grill pan lightly oil the pan.
– add spice mixture to the meat and work it through the meat
– form into 12 patties
– grill (on a grill pan on medium heat) for 4 minutes each side, or bake at 350F/ 180C for 18 minutes and then pan fry for a couple of minutes just to brown the edges.