This AIP cobb salad is packed with the flavors of the summer with fresh veggies…
Tips to Beat the Heat in the Kitchen
Being AIP in the summer can be hard because no one wants to spend all day in a hot kitchen. Read on for a bunch of tips to help you best the heat in the kitchen and recipes to help you keep your cool this summer!
August in Dubai means it’s HOT and there’s just no getting around it. So, in the spirit of keeping COOL, here are some tips for staying cool, and some meals and treats that require little to no heat.
Top Tips for Staying Cool:
- Batch Cook – How does batch cooking help? You get all/ most of your cooking done in one day, so you don’t have to heat the kitchen up every day. If you’re not sure where to start when it comes to batch cooking, check out this post on batch cooking for tips, ideas and recipes.
- Grill Out – I know it’s hot outside, but if you’re going to be enjoying the great outdoors with your family, cook out there too and no heat in the kitchen. BONUS TIP: When you grill out, make 2-3 times as much meat as you need for leftovers for a couple of days. Leftover grilled meat is great on salads.
- No More Boring Salads – Salads are a great idea for hot days, but if you’re anything like me, you probably get in a salad rut. This round-up of AIP Salads and Salad Dressing will give you options for every day of the month.
- Use Your Slow Cooker – We typically think of slow cookers in the fall and winter when we want lots of soups and stews, but who says you can’t eat those in the summer? Plus, very little kitchen heat. Here’s a link to 50+ AIP slow cooker recipes.
- Use Your Instant Pot – This tool serves double duty…less heat and less time in the kitchen. Here’s a link to AIP Instant Pot Recipes.
- Order from a Meal Delivery Service – Paleo on the Go is my favorite meal delivery service with a huge range of AIP products. All you have to do is heat up and enjoy.
- Stay Hydrated – Make sure you’re drinking enough water. I like to keep a bottle of water on my desk and refill it every time it’s empty (3-4 times a day). Plus, I make sure to always have water with me in the car and when I’m outside anywhere.
- Take it Easy on the Exercise – Think about early morning or late evening walks, switching to swimming, or giving an indoor sport (trampoline parks, yoga classes, spinning) a try. Or, move your walk indoors and take up mall walking (don’t mock it til you try it).
- Enjoy the Occasional Frozen Treat – Following the AIP lifestyle doesn’t mean you have to completely give up treat. Check out one of these Frozen Treats next time you feel like the whole world is eating ice cream!
- PLUS… 21 COOL Recipes for HOT Days!
- Sweet and Crunchy Tuna Salad
- Daikon & Apple Slaw
- Italian Tuna Mousse
- Potluck Broccoli Salad
- Pineapple Ginger Slaw
- Seared Tuna and Summer Berry Salad
- Strawberry Cucumber Salad
- Crab & Meyer Lemon Pasta (requires a few minutes of cooking)
- Summer Cobb Salad (perfect for the day after a cookout)
- Stewed Beef in Mango Rosemary Sauce (let your crockpot do the work while you enjoy the day)