This asparagus soup combines asparagus and leeks for a creamy AIP/ Paleo soup and tops…
A Ring, Roses and a Round-Up of Romantic AIP Recipes
But first a story…
If you’re one of my regular readers, you may have noticed that I’ve been a little quiet of late. I haven’t forgotten about you (I promise), I’ve just been a little distracted. BUT, it’s been a great distraction. A few months ago, a man who I’d kind of known from church, suddenly came into my life as a friend and then as a boyfriend and now as my fiancé.
I promise I’ll get to some recipes later in the post… in fact, at the bottom of this post you’ll find links to 32 recipes perfect for your next romantic dinner. After you read this story, you’re going to want to plan a little romance of your own…. so on with the story….
“I know you love a good story, so I have to tell you what happened….”
Once upon a time (that is how all good stories begin after all)…. there was a children’s ministry director happily serving her church and teaching God’s Word to the children. These 30 minutes of teaching were always some of her favorite moments of the week, as she got to teach kids and interact with the volunteers she served with.
On one particular week, she happily taught her lesson (on 1 Kings 18 in case you’re curious), completely unaware of what was going on outside the classroom. As she closed in prayer, an elaborate plan was executed beginning with a ‘handsome knight from a far away land’ slipping quietly into the room to stand behind his love.
As she ended the prayer and started to dismiss the children, her ‘knight’ approached her and turned her to face the screen where a video began to play displaying photos and Bible verses and quotes from their modern ‘love letters’ (whatsapp messages). The knight and his love stood and watched the video and chatted nervously, both fully aware of what was happening in the coming moments of their lives.
At the appointed time of the video, the knight turned his love around where some of the children’s ministry team were holding signs which read…. 61 days of courting… 22,570 whatsapp messages… 1100 minutes phone conversation…countless smiles and hugs… and this followed…
After the messages, children came up one at a time and gave her a rose. Each rose represented a day of their courtship and on each rose was attached one of their whatsapp messages from each of the days. The first 58 roses were brought forward by children in the church, number 59 & 60 by the knight’s parents, number 61 by the knight’s sister who traveled in just for this occasion. The 62nd rose was presented by an older women in the church who has faithfully been praying for this moment for more than a decade.
As the 62nd rose was presented, volunteers in the back of the room held up placards which read WILL YOU MARRY ME? and the handsome knight slipped to one knee to ask for his love’s hand in marriage. Through tears of joy she heartily accepted the knight’s proposal and as he slipped the ring on her finger, shouts of joy erupted amongst the children and little voices were heard saying, ‘Miss Bethany is getting married.’
|the first picture of the happy couple|
If this story inspired your inner-romantic, it’s time for a romantic dinner for your next ‘date night’ with your love. Below you’ll find great recipes to consider for your next romantic dinner. You’ll find everything from restaurant style meals like ‘bacon wrapped filet mignon,’ duck breast, risotto, and stuffed salmon to comfort foods for a laid back date night in front of the TV. And, what date night would be complete without a sweet treat to end the evening. All the recipes listed below will sure to impress your sweet.
Dinners to Impress
- Bacon Wrapped Filet Mignon – Gutsy by Nature
- Baked Cod ‘En Papillote’ – A Squirrel in the Kitchen
- Beef and Mushroom Parsnip Risotto – the Paleo Mom
- Beet and Celeriac Rissoto – Healing Family Eats
- Buffalo Sirloin Steak – Comfort Bites
- Crab & Bacon Stuffed Salmon – Adventures in Partaking
- Crab & Meyer Lemon Pasta – Adventures in Partaking
- Easy Crispy Duck Breast – Phoenix Helix
- Teriyaki Salmon – Lichen Paleo, Lovin AIP
- Zanzibar Coconut Fish with Carrot Mash and Creamed Spinach – Adventures in Partaking
Date Night Comfort Foods
- Asian Lamb Noodle Bowl – Comfort Bites
- Beef Stew with Orange and Cranberries – Healing Family Eats
- Garlic Beef Burgers with Fried Red Onions and Watercress – Comfort Bites
- Ginger Lime Sticky Chicky – Eat Heal Thrive
- Nightshade Free Jambalaya -AYCE to Better Health
Appetizers, Salads, Side Dishes, Etc.
- Bacon Rosemary Salt – Adventures in Partaking
- Celeriac Dill Mash – Adventures in Partaking
- Creamy Leek and Asparagus Soup with Maple Bacon – Adventures in Partaking
- Green Salad with Italian Vinegarette – the Paleo Mom
- Mashed Cauliflower – The Paleo Mom
- Peach and Tuna Salad with Arugula – A Squirrel in the Kitchen
- Spiralized Cucumber Shrimp Salad with Honey Lime Dressing – Lichen Paleo, Lovin AIP