62 of the best options for Paleo AIP Breakfasts. These are grain free, dairy free,…
Paleo/ AIP Mother’s Day Brunch
Mother’s Day is just around the corner and it’s time to do something special for the woman who has done so many special things for you over the years. There’s no way you could ever repay her for all the sleepless night, packed lunches, homework help and the thousand and one things she’s done for you over the years.
BUT, that doesn’t mean that a bunch of flowers a heartfelt thanks and maybe this AIP brunch wouldn’t be a bad idea in the way of thanks.
This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you click on a link and buy something that I’ll receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. This allows me to keep providing you with lots and lots of free recipes and resources.
Before brunch, here are some interesting facts about moms:
- There are 2 billion mothers in the world – 85.4 million in the USA
- There are 4.3 babies born every second – just now…4 more babies
- In the USA, the average age of new moms is 25 up from 21 in 1970
- The average mom changes 7, 300 diapers by their child’s 2nd birthday
- Each diaper change takes an average of 2 minutes and 5 seconds which adds up to 3 40-hour work weeks each year
- Children under the age of 4 require their mom’s (or caregiver’s) attention once every 4 minutes or 210 times a day
- 88% of family laundry is done by moms, totally 330 loads and 5,300 articles of clothing a year
- 40% of college freshman list ‘mom’ as the most influential person they’ve ever know.
And how about some facts about Mother’s Day:
- The first Mother’s Day in the USA was in 1908 and it was made a national holiday in 1914 by president Wilson
- Mother’s Day is the 3rd largest retail holiday in the USA
- In Most Arab countries, Mother’s Day is celebrated on March 21st and in Indonesia it’s celebrated on December 22
- In the UK, they call it Mothering Sunday and it’s the Sunday that’s 3 weeks before Easter.
- The most popular Mother’s Day gift is flowers followed by perfume
- Blueberry Bacon Burgers – add bacon and avocado slices
- Sweet Potato Salad
- Strawberry Cucumber Salad
(1) take her to the botanical gardens and sit and read together
(2) organize a family photo shoot
(3) go for a walk around a lake or park
(4) give her a foot massage
And, if you need some gift ideas, check out these fun choices: