Spicy Broccoli Salad will quickly become your side dish of choice for burger nights, baked fish and every other night of the week. This salad is mayo-free and combines the spicy kick of ginger and onions with the sweetness of mango for a crunchy, sweet, tangy, spicy salad that your whole family will love.
I made a decision about a month before coming home full time, that my lunches were going to be salads. After years of leftovers for lunch at work, I loved the thought of big crunchy bowls of salads with all kinds of veggies and fruit, so on my first day at home, I went shopping and filled the fridge with all kinds of salad fixins. The funny thing is that as much as I loved the variety of those salads, by the end of week one I found myself craving this salad over and over.
Some of the meals you’ll want to enjoy this salad with are:
So, what are you waiting for? Go and make this salad today and I promise you’ll LOVE it too!
- 1 small head broccoli
- 1 mango
- 1 red onion
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup walnuts (optional – omit for strict AIP)
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1/2 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1 TBSP honey
- 1/2 tsp pink himalayan salt
- 3/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 TBSP dried cilantro/ coriander leaf
- – cut the broccoli into small florets (save the stalk to make broccoli soup)
- – dice mango & onion
- – mix broccoli, mango, onion, raisins and walnuts (if using) in a large bowl
- – make dressing in a small bowl – mix lime juice, apple cider vinegar, honey, salt, ginger & cilantro – then drizzle in olive oil while mixing with a fork or whisk
- – pour dressing over the salad and mix well to combine
- – enjoy!
- – stores well in the fridge overnight
If you like this salad, you might also like: