62 of the best options for Paleo AIP Breakfasts. These are grain free, dairy free,…
Maple Basil Breakfast Sausage + Freezer Cooking for AIP Cookbook + a HUGE giveaway
This recipe is one of 100+ AIP freezer cooking recipes found in the cookbook
‘Freezer Cooking for the Paleo AIP.’ AIP Freezer Cooking is a huge time saver.
One of the biggest keys to success on the AIP/Paleo journey is preparation. I often joke that the boy scout motto of always being prepared is my mantra for AIP life. I mean how many non-AIPers do you know with a can of tuna and fork in their purse and no shame when it comes to taking a packed lunch into a restaurant. We know that preparation is key and we make sure we’re always ready whatever the situation may be.
My favorite style of preparation is freezer cooking and TODAY, an amazing new AIP resource hits the figurative stands (or the internet waves or something like that.) This resource will bring a revolution in the AIP freezer cooking world and you’re going to want to get your hands on it as soon as possible.
Sadly, this past week I didn’t find myself as prepared as usual. In the last 2 weeks, my hubby and I have packed up our home, sent a shipment back to the states, gone on a two-day trip to Vietnam and moved to a new place in Abu Dhabi. If I had this book a week earlier I would have loved to fill my freezer with “AIP convenience foods” to make this transition easier. Instead we’ve had to go out to eat a few times too many. Now that I have this book, I can’t wait to build a freezer stash for times just like this.
Here are some of the key details about this cookbook and why you’re going to want to add it to your virtual bookshelf today.
- 123 totally AIP recipes, all fully tested for freezing and reheating
- 73 recipes were created exclusively for this cookbook, but every recipe has been adapted for freezing (so in reality, you can say that you won’t find ANY of these recipes anywhere else!)
- 30 contributors – many of your favorite AIP bloggers
- All recipes include directions for packaging, freezing, storing, and serving!
- Includes dishes for every meal of the day and special occasions.
- The categories in the book are: Building blocks, Breakfast, Appetizers and snacks, Soups and stews, Casseroles, Main dishes, Side dishes, and Desserts
- The book is dedicated to our friend and fellow AIP blogger, Martine Partridge.Get more information and buy now.
As mentioned before, this book is a community effort by 30 of your favorite AIP/ Paleo bloggers. What I didn’t mention before is that I had the opportunity to be one of those contributors. I had so much fun adapting some of my favorite recipes for freezer cooking and creating new recipes just for this book. One of these exclusive new recipes is this recipe for MAPLE BASIL SAUSAGE. This sausage is the ultimate in breakfast convenience food. It always you to prep in advance and enjoy hot, fresh breakfasts every day with no extra work on your part. Perfect for those busy school mornings.
- 2 pounds ground beef (or a mix of beef, lamb, pork)
- 1 tablespoon dried ginger
- 1 tablespoon powdered turmeric
- 1 ½ tablespoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons pink salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Preparation: (a) Mix all ingredients in a large mixing bowl, making sure all of the seasonings are well distributed. (b) Form into 16 patties and gently flatten with your hands. (c) Place in a single layer on a silicone mat or baking sheet.
- Freezing: (a) Freeze in a single layer for several hours until frozen through, then remove from the tray or mat and place in a storage container with each piece separated by a piece of parchment paper. (b) Make sure they are completely frozen before doing this or they will stick to the paper and you’ll have to thaw them completely to peel off the paper. (c) Store in a storage container in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Serving: (a) On the day you want to eat, remove the number of pieces you need from the freezer by carefully peeling off the parchment paper. (b) Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. (c) Place the desired sausage patties in a glass baking dish and bake for 20 minutes. (d) Flip patties once about 12 minutes into cooking.
Plus…. as an added bonus there is a HUGE AIP giveaway going on along with the release of this book. Check out the book here and enter to win the giveaway. Here are some of things included in the giveaway:
- $250 gift certificate from Paleo on the Go
- Hot Logice Mini Deluxe
- AIP products from Shop AIP
- membership to AIP Batch Cook
- membership to Autoimmune Strong
- a bunch of AIP ebooks
- AND more!