What do you think of when you think of Greece? Is it the white and…
This Paleo/ AIP salmon bake is comfort food at its best and it’s packed with nutrients and full of flavor. This casserole combines salmon, sweet potatoes and broccoli in a creamy sauce that’s sure to please the whole family. Plus, it’s easy to put together and mostly hands-off in the oven allowing you to do all the other important things on your list.
Last weekend there was a long weekend in the UAE, so we decided to take a quick trip to India. I’ve always wanted to see the pink city of Jaipur and my hubby had never been there, so it was the perfect choice. We decided to try and squeeze tours of both Jaipur and Udaipur (the lake city) into our 4 days trip and we had so much fun exploring the sites. Here are some highlights from the trip. We explored 3 palaces and a couple of forts. We entered the Amber Fort on elephants like royalty from years gone by and marveled at the way these old kings and queens used to live. One palace even had a sauna and jacuzzi where water was heated using a fireplace in another room (for privacy) and a complex pipe system.
Coming back from vacation this week, the last thing on my mind was meal planning. After 5 days of travel and eating out (and mostly surviving well) I couldn’t even comprehend what I wanted to cook this week. I made my way to the store on Monday morning after dropping my hubby at work and bought the basics… some lamb, some ground beef, some salmon and a bunch of veggies.
Ok… step one… fill the fridge… check. NOW to figure out that to cook. All I could think of was a simple baked salmon and roasted veggies. So, as I dropped my hubby at work I asked if he’d rather have 3 separate things for dinner or a one pot meal. He surprised me by answering ‘one…a casserole sounds good.”
I had been thinking of the possibility of soup, but when he said casserole I knew I had to figure it out. This casserole was a risk worth taking and totally reminded me of scalloped potatoes growing up.
Make it… you won’t regret it!
If however you’d prefer some other options for your salmon, check these out:
It’s Casserole Time…
- 1 large or 2 medium sweet potatoes - about 1.5 pounds
- 1 head broccoli - about 3 cupts small florest
- 2 fillets salmon
- 2 TBSP olive oil (divided)
- 1 medium white onion
- 2 tsp cassava flour
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp thyme
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ¾ tsp pink himalayan salt
- ½ tsp garlic granules
- peel and slice sweet potatoes into ¼ inch slices
- cut broccoli into tiny florets
- cut salmon fillets into ½ inch pieces
- finely dice the onion
- preheat oven to 375 F
- grease casserole dish (9x13) with 1 TBSP of olive oil
- heat 1 TBSP olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat
- saute onion until almost brown
- add cassava flour, salt and spices and stir to combine
- stir in coconut milk and simmer a couple of minutes to allow sauce to thicken and remove from heat
- layer casserole - potatoes, broccoli & salmon, potatoes, broccoli & salmon, potatoes, salmon, sauce, potatoes, sauce
- bake for 30 minutes uncovered, then cover and bake for 25 minutes until fork tender