AIP Easy Lemon Chicken
Dinner doesn’t have to be hard when you have this AIP easy lemon chicken recipe up your sleeves. With just a few simple ingredients and very easy preparation, you can have this bold, flavorful dish on the table. Plus it’s totally kid and family approved with it’s sweet and tangy sauce.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on something in the post and make a purchase I may get a small commission at no additional cost to you.
We all regularly have times in our lives when time and energy are both short. Maybe we’ve got an extra busy work schedule, or a new baby or we’re recovering from surgery or an illness of some sort. Or maybe your AI condition(s) causes you to chronically be tired and short of energy and time. This recipe is perfect for those days.
I’m in one of those periods now.
Well actually I have plenty of time, but I’m pretty much stuck to the bed or sofa as I’m currently recovering from surgery.
Last week I had abdominal surgery. And five days post-op I’m actually feeling pretty good (all things considered… I haven’t even had any pain meds in 18 hours). But, my parents are here to make sure I don’t do too much, so I’m following doctor’s orders and resting as much as possible.
I credit I lot of my recovery to AIP and being prepared.
In case you’re dealing with a similar situation, here’s a little bit of what I did.
- lots of sleep
- extra exercise – walking 90 minutes a day that week
- sunshine – storing up some vitamin D
- nutrient density – I stocked up on broth and veggies and really reigned in my ‘treats’
In Hospital Prep:
- I spoke to my doctor about me bringing my own food and then prepped it
- food plan – day 1 (broth, broth and more broth), day 2 (broth and smoothies made with collagen veggie blend), day 3 & 4 (broth, smoothies and carrot soup)
Post Surgery Home Prep:
About this AIP Easy Lemon Chicken:
As I was thinking about what would be quick and easy for my mom to cook for us, this was one of the meals that came to mind. I mean seriously…
- you can have this baby on the table in 20 minutes
- it’s made with ingredients that you likely have in your fridge right now
- you can make substitutions – no broccoli, use cauliflower or asparagus – no lemons, try limes for a more southwestern taste
Wait, why are you still reading? Seriously, go to your kitchen now. Dinner will be ready in 20 minutes!
Other Quick and Easy Dinner Ideas:
Or if you really need to beef up your weeknight dinner plan, check out this whole post full of tips for less stress in dinner prep and TONS of great quick and easy AIP weeknight dinner recipes.
Who wants some EASY Lemon Chicken?
Dinner doesn’t have to be hard when you have this AIP Easy Lemon Chicken recipe up your sleeves. With just a few simple ingredients and very easy preparation, you can have this bold, flavorful dish on the table. Plus it’s totally kid and family approved with it’s sweet and tangy sauce.
- 2 large chicken breasts (or 4-6 boneless thighs)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3 TBSP olive oil (divided)
- 2 lemons (divided)
- 1 head of broccoli
- 1/4 cup lemon juice – about 1.5 lemons
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 TBSP honey
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- cut chicken into bite sized pieces and toss with 1/2 tsp sea salt
- heat 2 TBSP olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat
- slice 1/2 of a lemon and remove seeds
- add chicken and lemon slices to the hot oil and allow to cook for 4 minutes before flipping over
- while chicken cooks, cut broccoli into florets and whisk together the sauce
- flip chicken and allow to cook 4 minutes on other side
- add broccoli florets and sauce and reduce heat to low
- allow to simmer for about 5 minutes stirring well for the chicken to be coated in the sauce
Serve with a simple salad and… Celeriac Dill Mash, Mashed Sweet Potatoes OR Cauliflower Rice